Saturday, 10 January 2015

January blues.

Hi all.

Yes – it’s another rant! [audience boos]

I hate January. I really do. Seriously, what’s good about January? It’s cold, there’s nothing to celebrate, everyone around me is ‘getting fit’ whilst I sit here eating my leftover Christmas chocolate (I have nearly finished). Personally, the only thing that’s ever in January for me is a meal out for my dad’s birthday and not much else. I’m going on a pretty cool course on the 31st, I guess, but that’s only after a whole month of more post-festive dreariness. There should be some sort of holiday in January, maybe... Something to soften the blow of “Wow! Christmas! New Year! And- oh”.

Actually, I say that, but I am in fact one of those people who gets kind of sick of Christmas after a while, a decorations-down-by-new-year’s-day kind of person. I just want something nicer in January rather than a brick wall of reality and work slamming you in the face (basically this week for me). I can deal with the short daylight hours in December because Christmas is still looming, but after that it’s bit depressing, honestly.

"New Year, new me!” really isn’t living up to its hype, to be frank (not that I believe in all of that anyway). I am still the same as before new year’s, just with slightly less chocolate in my hoard... I know I am not going to be able to change myself as easily as 2014 passes into 2015.

It made me laugh the other day when our form tutor made us do a 'life satisfaction' survey and watch one of those "if you dream it you can do it" motivational videos (wow, yes, I can really achieve anything if I just want to). I'm not even joking, some of the questions were a bit strange - for example, was I satisfied with my social life, appearance and alcohol consumption? Apparently all of these 'relevant' questions would help us in setting targets for college - "yes, my academic target for this month is to have more of a social life". Right...

Sorry again – why is it I am only capable of negative posts at the moment...? End of January aim: actually post something positive on here for once. GOALS!

Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment