Saturday, 28 February 2015

Freedom (sort of)

It’s a Saturday and mock exams are over... Thank god! I'm free... for now. It’s been a bit of interesting week, really. My maths exam was a lot harder than I expected and I am pretty sure my teacher saw me mouthing swearwords at my paper in frustration. I think overall though my mocks went okay which is good. Well, as well as they could go with the unrelenting magnet of procrastination looming constantly. The week didn’t particularly get much better from that point. I was about to go into my last mock exam on Thursday (finally), I was just getting out of the car and then my phone fell on the floor. That probably would have been okay but then oh wait. I accidentally stepped on it too. Wonderful. Needless to say there was quite a big crack on my phone after that... Not the best thing to happen.

Last night was fun, though. Replacement phone safely stored in my pocket, I went to see Kingsman at the cinema with my friends. Now, not many films make me come out at the end like “Wow, that was so amazing” but this one certainly did. Seriously, go and see it, it’s great. I swear they’re not paying me to say this (not that anyone reads this anyway)... But yes, as I said not many films impress me but that one did. Guardians of the Galaxy made me feel the same way and that is such an awesome film (did I really just use the word awesome?). Bascially yes. Films.

I’m now sat on my bed picking at the rest of my popcorn from last night, wishing that most of the remains weren’t the annoying unpopped kernels and those fragments of sugary shells that do nothing but get stuck in your teeth. It’s kind of representative of my life at the moment... The bits at the bottom of a popcorn bag that nobody wants... Bit of a strange metaphor I know.

I found my old Nintendo DS earlier on in the week and it still had Pokémon Leaf Green in it. I hadn’t played it in months and basically I ended up playing it non-stop for about 5 hours. On the night before a mock exam. Priorities! I had nearly completed it so I kept on going until I did. I love that game... Next, naturally, I dug out my other Pokémon game that is a lot newer and I must admit I was disappointed! Now, if any of you play Pokémon, you’re probably familiar with the traditional Pokémon like Pikachu and Charmander... None of those are in the new game! Most of the Pokémon are basically cats, dogs, whales, you name it. I just couldn’t be bothered with it. I’m going back to the Gameboy one...

Now I’m giving myself the week off revision I have decided to just binge a bit on television. Not that I didn’t do that whilst procrastinating for my mocks, but now I’m allowed! Yet, now I have time, loads of television programmes are either finished or not my sort of thing. For example, Parks and Recreation (I love it so much), finished forever this week... Great. Maybe if I have the attention span I’ll start watching the rest of Game of Thrones again, which I haven’t watched for about three months. I’m going to be so confused.

At the moment I just want to curl up into a ball and ignore my responsibilities. If only there was a form of hibernation I could go into and when I emerge everything in my life will be sorted out already for me. Obviously that’s not going to happen but do you know what I mean? I seem to constantly be in the mood of wanting to do something but not wanting to do any of the things I could do. I need a bit of motivation, I guess. Or a hobby. Maybe a hobby would help me.

It’s funny when I think back to my younger self. I literally used to be so creative. If something could be made out of cardboard, paper and sellotape, I made it. My dream job was to be a writer. I used to write books (they were so terrible) and everything. I remember once when I emailed the author of Horrible Histories, asking for some advice on how to write good books and I got an email back very clearly dictating how I could get sent to prison for plagiarism.  I was 8. Long story short my teacher had an argument with him and our school ended up getting £100 of free books. Wow I need to find that email... I’m not being a writer now, thank goodness, I’m not sure I would cope. I do envy people with the talent though.

Anyway. I’m going to go and salvage what is left of my popcorn...


Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment