Thursday, 12 February 2015

Time flies.

Does anybody else feel time is moving especially quickly at the moment? I mean yes, time is a concept created by humans (ooh philosophical) and clocks move at the same rate but oh my god where is time going?

I think the times it hits me most is when I’m on Twitter and something that feels like last month is referred to saying “Three years ago today!". It just blows my mind, honestly. I think having ‘Timehop’ would make it worse for me, I think (I have too many tweets to do it apparently – oops). Whenever I have these moments it just feels like “Oh my god we’re all dying”. It’s pretty scary really, especially when they say time goes faster the older you get. Can it slow down a bit please? I do want to savour this pre-exam, pre-university, pre-becoming-an-adult-with-a-life period of my life.

Speaking of becoming an adult with a life, I’m trying to be a bit more proactive with that at the moment. I have started looking at university courses, for example. Even though the prospect of university kind of scares me right now I think it might be the best path for me, and I think I’m going to do History! I’m also looking at maths too but I seriously have no idea why – I think I may end up crying and smashing my head into a wall repeatedly after two weeks if I do that... Maybe.

I have also signed up to the student magazine that should be starting up soon. I have volunteered to help them out with anything they need; and yes that includes writing articles on things. I’m not sure what I would be asked to write about but I feel if I was allowed to have a piece it would be along the lines of ‘Weekly rants with Laura’. I suppose I’m trying to expand a little bit with my experience as it’s so hard to get it properly. But yes, I’m trying that.

At least I am already very certain about what subject I want to drop next year for A-Levels (unless I fail maths or something...). At the start of the year I was pretty certain I was going to drop Psychology because I would physically have to stop myself falling asleep occasionally and looking at the clock every five seconds (a watched clock never changes... Can that be applied here?), but now it’s actually getting pretty interesting, honestly. We’ve started to study social influence and we started by guessing how many 20-year-old jellybeans were in a jar (we were warned not to eat any – that would be a bit of a strange form for my teacher to fill in). We were asked for our guesses twice to see whether we would change our answers depending on everyone else’s answer. The only thing was she actually didn’t know how many were in there. Not that we needed to know for the experiment, but our table volunteered to count them as we just needed to know (324 if you were interested). But yes, I want to drop English language, I’ve decided. I know some people may find it really interesting but I just don’t.

Careers... Still not certain. I want to get into TV but I haven’t really got any idea how to get there exactly... Yet. In the words of Chris Traeger, I am 100% certain that I am 0% sure of what I want to do. Well maybe 20%... Possibly. Let’s see. I’m going to look at some universities this year so hopefully I’ll find something that’s right for me. In a way I’m sort of glad I’m having this existential crisis now instead of in a year's time.

I am currently trying to sit on my bed with my laptop in a position that doesn’t make my radio descend into a wave of static... There was actually some really great music on but now I have finally managed to settle into a position that doesn’t anger my radio, the music just got pretty bad. How ironic. Maybe it's a sign I should really get back to revision now... 

Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment