Greetings my friends (unless any of you hate me, of course).
Recently I realised how appalling it is that I’ve left this blog so long
without posting anything! To be frank, the main reason for that is that I’m
never sure what to ramble about exactly. The reason that comes a close second
is that I’m not the most motivated recently...
Since September I feel like I’ve been simultaneously very
busy but also very bored! Since I last spoke to you I sent off the dreaded UCAS
application and I’ve actually had some offers from universities (not all of
them yet, though!). For one of them I had to write an abstract essay in the
space of a week with the deadline on Christmas Eve. Yes, that was definitely
interesting to say the least...
With Christmas now over (it doesn’t really feel like it
happened really) and 2016 well and truly here, I felt I should return to the
good old blog. Don’t get too excited, nothing very significant has occurred to
spark this sudden return. Part of me admits this could be a form of
procrastination and I think it might be correct. At least this feels like I’m
being productive even if nobody reads it and it’s a load of rubbish I’m writing
out at 11pm.
Right now I’m finding that I’m not feeling very optimistic
for the year ahead. Of course I have a couple of exciting concerts and theatre
trips to look forward to, but I also have some not-so-nice things ahead. First,
exams, and all the revision that comes with it. It is incredibly daunting to me
at the moment and I just really need to get some motivation already! It’s
funny, whenever I have the “I have no motivation” conversation with my family
the answer is always just “Well you need to be!” which of course, doesn’t
really aid me much in my struggle... If only it were that easy! I’m feeling
myself spiralling into the swirling sea of stress.
The other giant oh-dear-god-I’m-not-ready-yet thing that is approaching me this year is university. Sure I have offers, but for me I don’t have a clear-cut “I want to go there!” option. I have a couple of options I’m ruling out but it still doesn’t make the final decision much easier. Of course there’s the question of the grades but really the most worrying aspect is that I am literally the most indecisive person I know. If I choose one thing I end up changing my mind. And then changing it back again... And again... And again... You get the point. There is not really anything I’m concretely sure about at this moment in time. Well. This year should go swimmingly then, shouldn’t it?
On a lighter note I feel I should try to document some of
the things I have loved recently in terms of non-academic procrastination material.
My favourite band (Coldplay, in case you didn’t know) released an album
recently and I was really pleased with it! Also, I’ve watched some great films
and television. Jessica Jones on Netflix was a marvel (in every sense of the
word) and London Spy on BBC2 was also amazing (although slightly disturbing in
places). I of course have to mention the new Sherlock episode too! I thought it
was very clever and made you really look deeper into a plot (and stunning
cinematography too – what’s not to love?). On New Year’s Eve I watched the new
Star Wars film and wow I was blown
away. It was so good. I have to admit to you all that I had never seen the
originals up until recently but I really have been missing out on this
universe!
Anyway, I am becoming acutely aware of how many exclamation
marks I have used in this post. I should probably leave it there if only to
spare your internal voice shouting at you. I will try to update more this year
(this sounds like an empty promise but oh well) and I will see you next time.
Back to college as well tomorrow, the joys.
Laura.
No comments:
Post a Comment